English honours as a course has always been taken up by many students at their graduation level. But after completing those three years studying literature, students seldom know the numerous careers it offers to them. Doing English honours can be really exhausting sometimes, and we prefer doing a job over studying further. So let me make your work easy and tell you 10 career option after doing English honours.
1) It’s a myth that journalism is a career option for only those who do their bachelors in journalism and mass communication. If you have good writing skills and are fluent in English, then news channels would surely hire you. You can simply do a dimplma in Journalism or a post graduation in Mass Communication.
2) English hons gives you an option to become an author too. If you have a creative bent of mind, then wear your thinking caps and start with your novel.
3) One benefit of being a English honours student is that you have a choice of being a translator or a language specialist. In India, maximum number of people know atleast three languages, Hindi, their mother tongue language and English. If you’re fluent in English, then you can become a language specialist in BPOs. If you have interest in learning foreign language, then that could do wonder for your career.
4) Another career option for English honors is Advertising and Public Relations. Every advertising agencies look up to people with a creative mind and good English who can work for their agencies. Also public relations is a very popular field which needs strong communication skills.
5) If you are creative, and you think you’re strong in writing then script writing is what is the best career for you.
6) Another popular career that is gaining importance is content writing. Websites, corporate agencies hires content writes to write content for their firms.
7) Social Media Manager is another career you can go for after completing your honors in English if you have good communication skills. These days brands, teams, and government hire people to take care of their social media programs and find ways to engage with fans.
8) Another career similar to Social Media Manager is Brand Manager. Popular brands need people who take care of the development and promotion of their brands or products.
9) Research analyst is another option you can choose after finishing your graduation in English. If you are good in vocabulary and diction, then you’ll do great in this career of analyzing and editing research paper.
10) Now last but not the least, the most common and sought after career option is that of teaching. You can finish your English honours and go for B. Ed or JBT to become a teacher. You can also do your masters in English and then give your UGC NET exam.