Fashion Designing is the art of application of design and aesthetics or natural beauty to clothing and accessories. Nowadays Fashion Designing is the most sought after careers among the students. There are a number of specialized art schools and colleges in Delhi/NCR that offer degrees in fashion design and fashion design technology.Some colleges also offer Masters of Fashion courses. If you are planning to make a career in fashion designing and wish to study in Delhi/NCR, then check out the following list of colleges to study fashion in Delhi/NCR:
1. National Institute of Fashion Technology (NIFT): Established in 1986, NIFT Delhi is counted among the most prestigious fashion colleges in Delhi/NCR.
2. Footwear Design and Development Institute (FDDI): It is a premier institute for footwear designing, set up by the Ministry of Commerce, Government of India.
3. Apeejay Institute of Design (AID): It is a center of excellence in the field of design education, established in 1992.
4. LISAA School of Design: France-based LISAA School of Design, the institute deals in Design, Architecture, Graphics and Fashion, giving international exposure and global opportunities to its students.
5. Satyam Fashion Institute: Satyam Fashion institute is an established design institute in Delhi. It also claims 100% placement assistance for its students.
6. Pearl Academy of Fashion (PAF): Established in the year 1993, PAF has emerged as a popular institute of higher learning, catering to the needs of design, fashion, business and retail industry.
7. International Institute of Fashion Technology: IIFT is a premier institute that offers specialized courses in several disciplines.
8. JD Institute of Fashion Technology: JD Institute of Fashion Technology is an eminent name in the field of fashion.