Some Common Questions Asked During Delhi University Admission Process: From where can I get information about admissions? You can get information about admission from the following sources :
- 1. University website: http://www.du.ac.in
- 2. University Information Centre – Phone No. 011-27006900/155215 website: http://uic.du.ac.in
- 3.FYUP Websiite ; or
- 4. You can attend Open Days conducted by the office of Dean Students’ Welfare Office
Which documents do I need to submit for admission? The applicants shall be required to produce following documents in original with two sets of self-attested photocopies at the time of admission:
- 1.Class X Board Examination Certificate;
- 2.Class X Marks-Sheet;
- 3.Class XII Marks-Sheet;
- 4.Class XII Provisional Certificate/ Original Certificate;
- 5.Character Certificate (recent);
- 6.SC/ST Certificate (in the name of the candidate) issued by the competent authority;
- 7.OBC (Non- Creamy Layer) Certificate (in the name of the Candidate) ) issued by competent authority;and
- 8. Transfer Certificate from school/ college as well as Migration Certificate from Board/ University are required from those students who have passed senior secondary exam from outside Delhi.
I belong to south of India and I have not studied Hindi or MIL. Can I study any other subject in lieu of these languages in foundation course?Yes, you can study literature in English. I sat in class XII exam last year but could not clear Mathematics. Then I appeared in compartment Exam and cleared it. I have two marks sheets. Can I get admission in Delhi University?Yes, you can get admission in Delhi University and you will not be at disadvantage. I did not have Mathematics in class XII. Can I opt for Economics Honours? Yes, you can opt for Economics Honours. You have to contact the respective colleges to confirm whether Maths is required or not. Is candidate required in person on the day of admission? Yes, Candidate must be present on the day of admission in the college along with the desired documents Can I get fee concession? What is the procedure for getting fee concession? Yes there is a provision for fee concession. Contact college for details. Can I take admission in two different courses of different colleges after declaration of a cut off? No, simultaneously you can not take admission in two different or same courses in colleges. I was admitted under Sports quota last year but could not clear the first year. Can I apply afresh and also change my course?You can clear your first year as an Ex-student, if your internal assessment is complete (including attendance). In case you have not completed the above said conditions then you must apply afresh. I have applied for revaluation in my class XII paper, will I be considered eligible for admission? Yes. You are eligible for admission with your present marks only. I have completed my class XII from NIOS (National Institute of Open schooling). Can I get admission in a regular college?Yes, you can get admission in regular course provided you have applied in that course/college and meet the cut off.